Meet Courtney Carroll Levinsohn
Courtney is a sport and performance psychology consultant who specializes in delivering mental skills training for teams and individuals. She also works with parents to help them navigate the highs and lows of competitive sports with their children
Knowing that sports participation drops off after middle school, Courtney, a former captain and MVP of the women’s soccer team at the University of California, Berkeley, wanted to find new way to engage students. After receiving a master’s degree in sports psychology in 2003, she created Growth Through Sport to help young athletes develop the confidence they need to excel. Since then she has expanded her practice to include teams and older athletes, working with those facing challenges in sports or who feel the game isn’t fun anymore. She also helps parents identify issues their kids are dealing with — both on the field and off — that can negatively affect performance.
Courtney has been featured in Big Apple Parent, Tribeca Trib, and NBC Nightly News as an expert on female athletes and injuries.
- Master’s degree in sports psychology from John F. Kennedy University
- Advanced family therapy training with Ackerman Institute for the Family
- Former captain and MVP of University of California, Berkeley women’s soccer team
- Former head coach of New York Athletic Club (NYAC) women’s soccer team
- Former assistant director of coaching, Gotham Girls Football Club
- Alvin Ailey Dance Company
- Brooklyn City Football Club
- Manhattanville College
- National Football Foundation
- School of American Ballet